Things are progressing quickly with the 750 build. After a bit of cleaning, we got the motor into the frame. We're not particularly strong people so we flipped the motor onto its side(I knew the moving pallet would come in handy) and lowered the frame onto the motor. Once it was bolted into the frame, the entire assembly was easier to lift up.
I picked up a rear wheel for a 2002 GSXR-600 for $40 from a salvage company in Hampton, NJ. I went out on a Friday night to meet the guy and pick up the wheel in person. He accidentally gave me the wrong address (142 instead of 172). It was pitch black outside and the address took me to a very dark church parking lot. Yes, it was mad creepy and felt like the beginning to a very bad horror movie. The thought did cross my mind that the guy may have lured me out there to kill/rob me. Thankfully, he realized he gave me the wrong address.
I received a very nice blue wheel with a dent in it from a pothole. I'm not worried about the dent because I just needed the hub design so I can have a custom laced hub machined. I didn't realize he was including the tire, sprocket assembly, spacers, and brake rotor. Those were the last pieces I can cross off my list for the rear of the bike.
I mocked up the rear swingarm and wheel assembly to make sure it will sit centered in the frame and the front and rear sprockets will line up without hitting the frame. Once everything looked ok, I sent the rear wheel out to be reverse engineered. Hopefully it only takes a few weeks to complete. Until then, I will continue mocking up ideas and finish painting/rebuilding the carburetors.